Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 5, 1899 Price Election Headquarters

Last we read of Thomas Fitzgerald's political ambitions, he had been named as an alternate for the 1897 election.  Two years later the Eastern Utah Advocate printed the following,

There was a meeting of the town board last Monday night at which the regular routine was gone through with Thomas Fitzgerald, John A. Mathis and A.W. Horsley were appointed judges of election.  The scenery in Town Hall, belonging to the Sunday School was purchased at $30.

I love the addition of the scenery in the piece.  I try to imagine what type of scenery the Sunday School would have that would work well at a judges appointment meeting.  I'd love to hear what you imagine.  Add it to comments.

Thanks - PS. I sent my local ballot in today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment